Saturday, March 17, 2012

Well Hello Spring!

Hey beauts!

So as the Spring season comes in, my beauty routines and fashion sense has totally switched around. So I'm going to fill this post with my favorite spring products and outfits. I'll try to use both high brand and things good for girlies on a budget (like me!).

Okay, so lets start with beauty!
  • As it gets warmer here, I'm having to slow down on moisturizer and wash my face much more often. Why? 'Cause I can feel my skin going for super dry to super oily. Ew D: So girlies, be sure to wash your face everyday, maybe even twice a day depending on your skin type. Spring is a time to look fresh and beautiful so make sure to take extra care of your skin!
  • With the change of seasons I find myself grabbing less my dark warm shades and going more for my bright and color tones. Spring is a time to use lots of bright colors! Try rocking a pretty peach cheek, a bright pink lip, or a great bright eyeliner. Some of my favorites are: Benifit's Coralista blush, Ulta's automatic eyeliner in the teal shade, the Revlon Lip Butters in Peach Parfait and Creme Brulee, and the Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch, Quenched, and Peppermint.
  • Spring Cleaning!! Can't forget that! Since your like to be more oily as the heat rolls in, so are your brushes. So make sure you're cleaning them every 1-2 weeks. I clean mine with baby shampoo and warm water. Once I'm done, I gently(!!!) wring them out with my fingers, then a towel, then I hang them upside-down with some yarn so they can dry. Hanging them brush-end down is very important, because if not, the remaining water will seep into the handle and your brush won't last nearly as long.
Now for some fashions trends in spring!

  • Forget about boring blacks, grays, and browns! Its time to break out your plums, pinks, and tans. Even today I find myself wearing a neon pink crop top with a pair of cute brown gladiators. Spring is a great time for color! And you can even keep  it school apropro! Got a cute strapless top you wanna rock at school? Throw a cute cardi over it!
  • Every girl has got to have a great pair of denim short shorts to rock in the warm sun. It's time to stop shoving them to the back of your closet and start strutting in them with confidence. Add a cute colorful or studded belt if you want some extra flair. Even though you can't rock some at school, you can always change into them for a night on the town. And with Spring Break 2012 approaching, it's a great way to get a tan before heading to the beach. 
  • And of course! Never forget your flirty skirts and strappy sandals and wedges. Bright, banded body-cons are so in right now, you can totally wear one anywhere, and don't forget to add some pretty wedges for a night out or adorable gladiators for day time. 
Hope you guys liked this post! I worked super hard on it and I think its pretty good. Remember, I'm not affiliated with any of the products I mentioned, I bought all of them with my own money. Please comment and leave your thoughts, I'd love to know what you guys think! Thanks beauties :)


Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder. 
Aldous Huxley  

No comments:

Post a Comment