Thursday, November 22, 2012

Secrets to Soft and Smooth Skin in the Winter

Hey guys! So earlier today I was thinking about how cold it's getting and how I'm going to need to switch up some of my skincare routines because of the cold weather. So I went online, did some research and wrote down some things I found and added some things that I already knew and decided to share with you guys :) So let's get started with ways to keeping your skin happy and healthy in the winter.

  • First! You need to start moisturizing like fifty times as much as you normally do. In the morning and at night, after every shower, before bed, like the whole nine yards. Trust me, you'd rather "over-moisturize" than under and risk having dry flaky skin.
  • After you take a shower, instead of rubbing dry, pat your skin dry and actually leave your skin a little damp. Also, take some baby oil and just put that all over your body, minus your face, and that will help seal in all the moisture in your skin.
  • Dump your high perfume lotions and start using something with more natural ingredients. Perfumed lotions tend to dry our skin out instead of actually moisturizing so it's better to just stay away from them and get some heavy duty lotions.
  • Makeup-wise, switching to a liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer will feel and look a lot better. This will keep your face looking healthy and dewy instead of dry and cakey. Also, start using cream eyeshadows, blushes, and highlights for the same look. Your skin will just look and feel much better and you won't have to worry about the makeup sliding off your face since it's so cold.
  • Drink lots of water! Now, I know this is hard, especially in the winter. But, if you don't drink water, your skin will not be moisturized. The End. 
  • Cut down your exfoliation. Please please, don't take this the wrong way. I said cut down, do NOT totally stop exfoliating. Over exfoliating in this weather will kill your skin. But you still need to do it to keep your skin healthy. And be sure to apply lots of heavy lotion afterwards.
  • Consider changing your soaps. Try to find more natural based cleansers instead of such harsh ones. Your skin is very delicate this time of the year, so be very gentle with it.
  • Where lots of chapstick! I think that's pretty self-explanatory :)
  • Dress warmly! I promise if you bundle up and stay warm, not only will your body be happy, but your skin will too. ps. if I see another person wearing shorts, a tank top, and UGGs I'm going to kill them. SO not okay.
That's all for tonight guys! Love you all, and I hope you all had an amazing amazing Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for each and every one of you who read my posts :) xoxo Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment