- Now, Prom is the time (in my opinion) to make a statement. Make a change! Nothing drastic like dyeing your whole head pink or anything, but prom is one of those times that its okay to bring out the bright colors and glitter :) A nice smoky eye will bring out anyone's eyes. Try using a fabulous silver glitter on the center of your eyelids and then a a gorgeous matte dark grey or back in your outer v and crease. I recommend MAC's Carbon eye shadow and there fabulous loose pigments.
- Prom is also a time to wip out your GEL eyeliner. Not liquid. Why? A good gel liner is guaranteed to last all night. Most liquid liners will start flaking or smudge. Plus a gel liner is so much easier to apply and you can smudge it out. If you mess up with liquid liner...well I hope you have some cosmetic wipes and lots of time :)
- Try to remain matte for this occasion. The only part of your face you want shiny is your lips. Make sure to invest in some good matifying products.
- Now, be careful if you're planning on getting new makeup for prom. Get it and test it around a month before, just so that you can get familiar and comfortable with it. And also, so that if it cause you to break out, you'll have time to fully recover and replace the product.
- Make sure to keep your lashes big and bold! Its time to whip out your Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes or L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes. And make sure its in the darkest black you have. Apply it with upwards and outwards strokes, wiggling the brush back and forth so you get every lash. If you're a fair haired beauty, try using a dark brown mascara instead so you don't like overpowered.
- Highlight! Apply a light shimmery highlight to all the high-points on your face and body. So your cheek bones, the bridge of your nose, a little on your forehead, your cupids bow, and your shoulders. You a big fluffy or kabuki brush to make sure it looks like you have a natural glow. I recommend MAC's minerlize skinfinsh in Soft and Gentle and Benefits High Beam.
- When choosing eye shadows try to pick a color scheme that will compliment your eyes, your dress and each other! Do you have a blue dress and blue eyes? Browns. Brown eyes and any color dress? Purples and silvers.
- Remember, make sure you feel amazing in your makeup, no matter what look you have! It's a night to have fun and look gorgeous!! Whether you're going au natural or rocking a bright red lip, just feel beautiful, because you are!!!
Thanks so much guys!! I really hope you liked this! Stay tuned for the next part :) There will probably be 3 or 4 of them so keep an eye out :)
Oh and before I go, down below tell me you're greatest prom memories! Whether beauty related or just a story you wanna tell! You know how I love to hear from you guys :) xoxo Kayla
"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genius; and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."--Marilyn Monroe