Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vacation Reads

Hey guys,
So as you may know, I read a ton! Like a ton a ton! And I love telling people about what I read. Too much sometimes...but anyways I'm going to share my favorite summer reads with you guys. And don't think "oh reading, boo, its summer you don't read over summer" Because I promise, it will pay off if you read a lot. I mean I've gotten top reader in my school for the past three years and out of it I  got a free 8g ipod nano, a kindle, and a kindle fire. All brand new, all free. Just for reading! So, reading really does pay off. But anyways, let's get started!

  1. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles- ok, so this is my all time favorite book in the world. Like no kidding, it's a story full of battling racial differences, social differences, and falling in love with someone you never would've even given a second glance. It really is such a great great book and I try to get all my friends to read it and they get so annoyed when they see me caring it around again.      Its def. a good book for any of those hopeless romantics and perfect for something to read on the car ride  to where ever for vacay. It also has one or two sequels, I've only read one and its also very very good.     http://www.perfectchemistrythebook.com/
  2. Confessions of a Serial Kisser by Wendlin Van Draanen- True to it's name, this is a story about a girl who is on search for the perfect kiss. She finds a lot out about herself along the way and learns a bunch of great life lessons. I think this is great for any girl with self esteem issues. I know I read it right after a breakup and it helped me a lot. And not to mention it's funny as heck! I really enjoyed this book and I think anybody who read it would find something in it to relate to.  
  3. Wither by Lauren DeStefano- Another one of my favorites, it takes place in the future where men die at twenty-five and women die at twenty. In effect of the early deaths, men are paired together with up to seven wives to "breed" so that the human race won't die out. Girls are kidnapped by people and taken to bear children while the few willing scientists that are left try to find an antidote. All except for the lucky rich are left in the rubble of whats left of the world. This is a story about a girl who has been taken to be the wife of rich man and finds herself falling in love with a helper while trying to figure out a plan to get out before she is forced into the same horrible fate as her sister-wives.  I would recommend this to a girl who likes love stories with a twist. Usually I wouldn't go near any book with any type of science-fiction in it but I found myself really enjoying this.     http://thechemicalgardenbooks.com/wither/
  4. Embrace by Jessica Shirvington- There's not much I can say about this book, except how amazing it is!! It's good for a girl who's more into the paranormal aspect of romance. Its angels and demons so no sparkly vampires or over-sized dogs :) It's also about a girl trying to find out who she is and what her whole life has been about and its over-all just a really great read. I found myself not wanting to put it down when i was reading it.     http://sites.sourcebooks.com/embrace-the-series/about-the-series/embrace-about-the-series.html
  5. Sharing Sam by Katherine Applegate- This book, Oh I loved this book. I've never been one to cry over books, ever. And this book made me sob. This is def. a book for falling asleep to. I wouldn't recommend this to read while your around people, especially if your an over sensitive cry-baby like myself. This is a story about love and friendship and putting those to the ultimate test. When your given the obstacle that your best friend is dieing and only has a limited time left, and happens to be in love with the person you love, what will you do to make her last days the best she's ever had.This is also a great book for anybody who is going through tough times with a friend. It will make you re-think everything about your relationships. This is def a story about what sacrifices someone will make for true friendship. It's a short book, and it is def worth the time to read. If I could make every person I've ever met read this book, I would. No doubt about it. 
So those are my top summer reads, I know I love them and I'm sure you guys will too. Read them and tell me what you think, or if you've read them, tell me what you thought. Thanks guys! As always comment and follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment